Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gossip on Base

I could speak to the obvious, but I'll just say that I probably won't live on base ever again. That said, I'm not talking about malicious personal gossip.
Often, when working, living and socializing with the same people, rumors start. They are not all bad. Some are filled with hope, like "the new base housing will be ready in six months," or "they're going to let all children, even those on Tricare Prime, see off base pediatricians." There are the bad ones, such as "the base is closing and our airmen will have to retrain or separate." All of these rumors have bad consequences. They make people scramble or set up unreasonable expectations.
Unfortunately, I've had to learn that I'll believe things when I see them. There is information that the military just isn't going to disclose with the civilians attached. The reasons for the closed mouths are reasonable and I've accepted that. More people are going to need to for tranquility on base to take hold. Do you think we can have peace on one little corner of the military world like base housing?

No comments: