Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Family Time

I was absent from the blog this weekend to spend time at an impromptu family reunion and a trip to a cultural festival with extended family.

Over the weekend I was confronted with the reality that I would miss another important wedding because of our family's military service. My favorite author on military spouses, Jacey Eckhart, says that we should make every effort to attend every extended family event. We have missed both of our best friends' weddings, and 5 cousins' weddings in the last 4 years. I have attended numerous events alone or with our daughter and felt like people weren't ever going to know my relationship with my husband,or my husband for that matter.

This week I plan on exploring the options enlisted families have for these family events.

No comments: